Monday, November 29, 2010

nets

okay so I've tried two different versions of the nets - one made of shoelace and one made of bicycle inner tube. They look pretty cool though I've lent out the camera today so I cannot take a photo. I've scanned them here. They are quite loosely woven but both sides get scanned so you don't get the effect. The rubber one is very masculine ( looks like an advanced slingshot device). They are both the size of an ice cream cone/ pocket. I'll bring them tomorrow. Sorry - the scans really don't do them much justice. I am going to try some colored ones tonight.

The buttons are not looking good so I was thinking we make our own button system - call them connectors - that are more similar to the cogs in visual language. Can we all put some thoughts to how that could look/work as an alternative? Will bring the buttons tomorrow to show.

6 comments:

  1. I've adjusted the settings so that everyone should get e-mail notifications when something is commented. Could you please confirm when you get this one so that we know it's working? :) Thx, s

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps we could make them out of wood? I don't know, just liking the natural look of your nets, and would love to stay away from plastic...

    ReplyDelete
  3. need to keep them flexible. I have some bright fabrics that I am going to try. I like how these simulate a pocket. The rubber one is sturdy enough to be thrown around or to hang on a backpack . Can totally see a boy using it as a hacky-sack.... The one made of laces is super flexible and soft to carry in a pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the shape of them a lot! do you think the pattern can be less busy (or maybe it's just the dark colour) and just wondering whether it's flexible enough to flip it around?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know - they look really busy in the scan - better in real life. They both turn inside out really well though. The materials don't overlay as well as yarn so the simple pattern looks busier. I will think of more materials too explore. s

    ReplyDelete