Thursday, November 25, 2010

Early logo sketches


Here are some doodles that led to the logo for FrogTongue.

As much as I like to jump on the computer and start to play with existing type, I have been finding lately that the logos that people most respond to are those with hand-drawn elements. My inspiration for this concept was to capture the movement of an idea, much as a frog tongue pounces on a fly in mid-air. I feel that this logo portrays what I intended, and is fun and youthful at the same time.

Our name came from a brainstorm session where we decided to use a bio-mimicry approach to finding something in nature that was sticky, this was after a group member had just done a project featuring the ability of the gecko to stick to things.
We came up with a lot of ideas, from sap, honey, slug tails, snot... but FrogTongue won out!

frogtongue... IDEAS THAT STICK!

1 comment: